Friends of Stevens Meeting Minutes November 14, 2019
Jen Bowen Cross
Start Time: 5:41 P.M.
-Welcome New Members
– Must Attended 2 meetings to be able to vote
-Looking for Community Member to Join
-Each household only gets one vote
-Looking for a Student to Join also
-Explained who FOS was and how the PTO worked
-Ayrolyn Keady – President and Parent
– Antonia Leyba – Parent
– Steve Arvin – Lego 1st
– Kerri – Treasurer
– Jessica Hernandez – Restorative Practice Liaison at Stevens
– Jen Bowen Cross- Parent and Secretary
– Dani Novguier – Kindergarten Mom
– Amy Reese- 3rd Grade Mom
– Cheyenne Maestas – Family Liaison at Stevens
– Katy Mauro – Principle Intern at Stevens
– Andrea Martin – Vice Chair
– Read Minutes from Officer Meeting on Oct 10
– Account Balance on July 1st was $1894.84
– Received $4377.90
– Received money from Dentist, Luckies Foundation, Tyler Downs, Kerri Selling Chocolate, Steve and his wife set up reoccurring monthly Donation.
– Money Used for Parade, 1st Lego, Newsletters, Conference Food, Website Registration
– Certain Money is allocated to Operations Cost such as website and newsletter
– $1685 Duncan spent on Lego
– Lego Owes General Fund $185.00
– We spent $670 in November on Food For conferences, 10 Gift Cards at $25 each for staff awards, but all Gift Cards are bought for remainder of year, and also for Renewal of Website
– Kyle Hewitt, our webmaster, may not return next year so please ask around if anyone would be interested in taking his position. He Runs the Website.
– Should We allocate this years fundraising money to be used for next year or this year?
– Further discussion in December Officers Meeting to be talked about.
– Will Vote on in January
– Lego Expo
– December 13th at Stevens, kids are presenting there different boom town builds, and will be reviewed.
– Will Need Volunteers, which there is a signup genius
– We are sending 4 teams from Stevens
– PTO Providing Food
– We are receiving $250 from the Applewood Community Foundation towards the $500 we need.
– Steve is working on getting 50 T-shirts made for this kids and is needing $350.00
– Donating online cost us $ we prefer a check made to Friends of Stevens
– We don’t pay Sales Tax
– Volunteers will be needed
– Sign Up genius
– Ran through the school
– Volunteers working with kids need to be background checked
– Teacher of the Month
– October was Cheyenne
– Teacher Appreciation
– Week of May 8th
– Charity Newman is Chair
– Allocated $1000 for it.
– 65 on Staff per TJ
– Finding New Donations
– Chocolate Fundraiser in February
– Beer Fundraiser, still in conversation
– Steve is going to Recommend Insurance
Ending Time : 6:51 P.M.